'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard blogs about hometown dates

Emily Maynard and Chris lock lips on The Bachelorette
In her latest blog for People Magazine, Bachelorette Emily Maynard talks about hometown dates and sending Chris home.

Her relationship with Jef Holm 
" there are two sides to Jef and I love that we can bond over so many different things. Even though his parents weren't there, I absolutely loved his family, especially his sweet little niece, June! I could tell they were skeptical – just like my own family was – but hopefully after seeing the two of us together they were able to see how real it can be. They made me feel so welcome, and while talking to his sisters I felt like I was talking to my girlfriends back home. I was sad to leave them, but had no idea what Jef had planned for the second part of the day. The letter Jef wrote me was so perfect. I loved that everything he loved about me had to with my heart and the way I make him feel, not superficial things that undoubtedly will fade."

Her relationship with Sean 
"When I pulled up and saw Sean standing there with his dogs I thought I had accidentally crashed a Ralph Lauren photo shoot. Seriously, how in the world is this guy so perfect that even his dogs are well behaved? I'm starting to wonder if Sean is even human! However, after seeing the room at his parents' house that he supposedly lived in, all my dreams were shattered. Not because I thought he lived at home (though if you saw the way his mother had decorated their home you would want to live there too), but because that room was a MESS!"

Meeting Arie's family 
"Arie was just as nervous as I was to meet his family, which didn't help calm my nerves at all. But by the end of the night I knew I had no reason to be nervous. His mom is one of the coolest ladies I've ever met and she actually gave me a skirt – you'll see me wear it in an upcoming episode! I saw a different side of Arie after meeting his family and have an even bigger soft spot in my heart for him."

Sending Chris home 
" I did have strong feelings for Chris. He has so many attributes that I look for in a husband and any girl would be lucky to have him! I had a really hard time sending him home, but wanted to stay true to the promise I made his sister that I wouldn't keep him away from his family if I didn't see him at the end with me."

Read her full blog posting at People.com!