WES HAYDEN AND LAUREL KAGAY SPEAK!

LAUREL KAGAY CLEARS UP RUMORS

by Darla Atlas, http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/07/01/the-bachelorette-wess-mystery-girl-speaks/

Austin resident Laurel Kagay was minding her own business and watching The Bachelorette on Monday when suddenly her name was mentioned, sparking one of the season’s most dramatic moments yet. Ousted suitor Jake had returned to tell Jillian that musician Wes still had a girlfriend named Laurel. Wes denied it; Jake stuck to his guns — and Laurel sat in shock at home.

“I was like, ‘What?’” Laurel, 29, tells PEOPLE. “There was this pause before he said my name — and then he said it quite a few times.”

But Laurel, who owns the Peach Body Boutique in Austin, would like to clear the air. Although she dated Wes for three years, she says their relationship turned to friendship a year ago. “I’m absolutely not with Wes, nor would I be with Wes if he were going on a show to be with another girl,” she says. “That’s absolutely crazy.”

So how did Jake get things mixed up? “I think he was definitely upset about not being on the show anymore,” she says. “And I think Wes did say something about his ex-girlfriend. Maybe he said he still cares about me or whatever. Maybe he talked a little too much about me, and Jake just blew that into something else.”

However, Laurel admits, “We are really good friends and we do go out to lunch together, so I could see how people could think we’re together.”

See People Magazine for more!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Jake got anything mixed up, too bad he didn't have a wire on, maybe Wes isn't even being truthful with Laurel. Jillian doesn't seem like Wes's type and he was probably looking for a way out and it all backfired on him. I've read the editing was done to have him say things different then what he really said and I believe that's possible, but his reaction on the couch when Jillian confronted him says it all, he's not a good liar and it showed in his expressions and reaction. How unfortunate that Jake's good deed went wrong and he was painted as the jilted get even guy.

Anonymous said...

What amazes me is that these people go on this show to find love! I think they go on it for money since there is no chance of finding real love. I'll start watching again when a couple proves me wrong!

Anonymous said...

Wes and his family are just a lying bunch of scumbags and to think his actions would promote him???Is he on crack???He make me want to vomit

Anonymous said...

The same women who watch this show are the same women that he thinks are going to buy his records and albums. Wes is a complete asshole whose dreams of fame for his band are going down the tubes as I write this. If he were a GOOD guy, it would be GOOD publicity. No one will buy his band's albums now....and good riddance. He is a conceited, narcissistic, manipulative moron, and SHAME ON JILLIAN for not being smart enough to heed the warning twice before. She is definitely the most flighty bachelorette yet.

Anonymous said...

If he were to really come and wanted jillian to be his sole mate then he should have even brought up girlfriends in the past. it is wes' fault that wht happened.........happened

Anonymous said...

This is a reality show, things are plotted to make people want to watch the show. How boring would it be to sit and watch her make out with 2o some guys. She says she is falling for every one of them. I think Wes will do just fine. This show distorted him and the whole thing is a set up for ratings. Gosh lets use our brains here!