The Bachelor: Interview with Chris Harrison

TV Guide Interviews Chris Harrison about The Bachelor and Vienna.

Full interview with Chris Harrison here.

TVGuide.com: Did Corrie ever have a chance?

Chris Harrison: I honestly don't think so considering her competition. I think any other day in time, absolutely, but she dropped that bomb on him way too late in the game. It wasn't like that's what made him run, that actually finally endeared him, but she was so far behind Ali, Vienna and Gia. I think for him it was actually one of the easier decisions of the season.

TVGuide.com: Why is Vienna still there?
Harrison: America is up in arms over what he sees in Vienna and I know its killing people because I see it on my blog and twitter and Facebook and everyone's like, "What is going on?" He sees something in this girl that really strikes him and it's very interesting to watch. Even when she snuck down there and he was kind of appalled and sent her back upstairs, you can tell he enjoyed hanging out with her ... she just kind of does something to him. I told him, "Next time a girl shows up in your bed with a bottle of wine and lingerie and you send her away, I'm going to kill you."

TVGuide.com: Which girl are you most surprised to see make it to home-town dates?
Harrison: If I were looking back to Week 1, I would say like most people, Vienna. Just knowing the animosity in the house and knowing what was going on and when she was living by herself, I didn't know she was emotionally going to be able to stick with it and handle it. Second would be Gia, just because I'm pleasantly surprised at what a real deep, loving woman she is. Jake and I literally had this conversation one night how pleasantly surprised we were because I think we both judged that book by its cover — and a rather bodacious and opulent cover that is. I think we both realized like, wow she's not only beautiful, but a wonderful person.

TVGuide.com: Will past Bachelors or Bachelorettes be in attendance?
Harrison: I assume, it's not confirmed, that Jillian and Ed will be there; they keep in touch. Hopefully Trista and Ryan and their kids will be there. I think it will kind of be red-carpet style where I'll be hosting and welcoming the guests and then call to action like I did with Trista and Ryan's wedding. On a personal note, I remember back to Trista and Ryan's wedding and, aside from the spectacle of it being on TV, it was a great wedding; we had an absolute blast. We know and love these two and have gone through this journey with them so it's a special event for us and we had a great time at their wedding. I assume it's going to be just the same for Jason and Molly. I'm really happy for them, these are two friends of mine that are going to get married and hopefully Jillian and Ed will be next.




No comments: