THE RETURN OF ED AND JILLIAN

'The Bachelorette' recap: The return of Chicago Ed

written by Paige Wiser

First of all, I can't believe that Jillian had to travel to meet FIVE families, get drunk with them all, and make out with five guys. I'm sorry -- at some point, that's work. I love how much drinking goes on with these family visits. It is awkward, after all, and there's no primetime-approved way to administer morphine.

In the middle of it all, the rejected Jake flew to Austin -- I guess that's not such a big deal, considering he's an airline pilot, but I was impressed -- to reveal to Jillian that Wes has a girlfriend named Laurel. In the confrontation, each guy stuck to his story. And then Jake brooded. And cried. I was afraid he was going to jump off that balcony.

I do wish that they'd acknowledge the cameras more. Like Jake saying, "Why would I make this up?" and Wes could say, "To get more air time, duh."

At any rate, Jillian believed Wes, which the producers want us to believe is outrageous, because they are making him out to be an opportunistic, lying cheater who just wants to promote his upcoming album with his lame "It Ain't Easy" song, so he can dump Jillian and reap the rewards of international stardom with some surprisingly understanding bimbo named Laurel. OK, producers, you win. I hate Wes!

And THEN, in the middle of all this, Ed pops by Jillian's hotel room. (I love how she's just sitting on the couch, doing nothing, and then acts surprised when she hears the door knock. Doesn't she at least read People? I'd think that would be required reading for "Bachelorette" contestants.)

I know that Ed did not come back for me, but can I say how happy I was to see him? That is a quality man. I am not basing this just on how good-looking he is and because I've spoken to his mother on the phone, but also because he is tall and has a job.

Jillian makes him sweat it out until the rose ceremony, but does give him a rose, along with Wes, Kiptyn and neurotic Reid, who I hope gets a sitcom out of this. Wes actually left a trail of slime as he walked up to get his rose.

Jesse the winemaker was out, although I loved his grizzly-bear brother, who reminded me of the bearded idiot savant from "The Hangover." (I have difficulty with his last name.)

It was VERY hard for me to say goodbye to Michael. So adorable, so funny, so well dressed, and I would think his dancing abilities would have some obvious benefits. Yes, he's young, so I hope he's reaping the rewards of "Bachelorette" stardom with understanding bimbos right now. Share with your brother, Michael!

I've got to root for Ed now. Is there anyone out there to defend Wes? For more Bachelorette news, visit here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed's return left me out in the cold. It was so Fake. Just like that...no explanations whatsoever on whatever happened to his job or what kept him away. I heard he was out partying all night the 2 weeks he was in Chicago. Jeeez...you call that a good catch? good luck. And he doesn't even look good. He's gonna look like Brad Garrett in a couple years. BUt Jillian does appear to like him. Me,I'll take the neurotic Reid any day. I like quirks in my men.

Anonymous said...

you an idiot. The filming of the show has to be over...of course he is out partying...every contestant is dork!