Emily Maynard opens up about her NASCAR Date

The Bachelor's week 5 preview shows Brad and Emily on a group date to the NASCAR races. It's a tough date for Emily as her late husband, Ricky Hendrick, was a race car driver. Emily was 5 weeks pregnant at the time of his death. Maynard speaks to PEOPLE MAGAZINE about her date at the races.

"I know there has been a lot of talk and concern recently over the upcoming episode of The Bachelor with the NASCAR-themed group date," she says. "Although I appreciate everyone's concern, I ask that you reserve judgment until after you've seen the actual episode, because, as you'll see, the experience actually helped me gain some closure...The first few laps were for Ricky," she says. "And the last lap was for me. And I'm just really ready to move on and find love again."

No comments: