After The Bachelorette. Jillian Harris wrestles with the spotlight.

A week after wrapping up her 11-week summer reality TV show The Bachelorette, Vancouver's Jillian Harris answered questions in a telephone conference call about her plans to live in Chicago with new fiancee Ed Swiderski, their upcoming summer holidays with her parents in Kelowna, and her mixed feelings about the other TV offers coming her way.

Oh, and about those women who said Ed was still dating them as he wooed Jillian . . .

Q: What was it about the dating scene in Vancouver that made you want to explore life on a reality show?

A: It's funny, I did hear this a lot from girls and guys in Vancouver, that the dating scene is not easy in Vancouver. I think it was part me, and part the city. I was a bit of a workaholic, I was married to my work and I had a hard time pulling myself away from it. I needed to put myself into some sort of extreme dating situation to get my mind off of work. But aside from that, the thing about Vancouver is, people are very independent and career-driven and very outdoorsy and cruise-y and laid back. I believe there are a lot of people who are just not ready to commit. I'm definitely generalizing . . . but generally I just found it's more of a casual dating scene, and not a serious dating scene in my experience.

Full interview here.

No comments: