Trista Sutter Blogs About The Bachelorette: Is Jillian Being Played?

Trista Sutter Hal Horowitz/Getty Images

Original Bachelorette Trista Sutter is putting her reality-TV experience to use for us here at Watch With Kristin, blogging about Jillian Harris' quest for the perfect guy. Take it away, Trista...

Yet another week of watching the latest lucky girl search for love on national television. As the first lucky girl to wear The Bachelorette shoes, I can certainly sympathize with Jillian Harris' position. Here's my humble opinion on last night's action...

Hometown dates start with Reid in Philly. Superhigh squeals from Jillian are a good sign of excitement, although I'm anxious to see if they are truly good signs or not. As they sit on a park bench in the city, awkward silence hits. Cringe-worthy for sure, especially when they fill it with a kiss. Another incredibly cringe-worthy moment was when Jillian kissed Reid during cake time (Happy Belated Birthday, Reid!). It was so uncomfortable!

Comfortable, though, was the time with his dad. He said, "Don't worry about what I think or what your mom thinks. If you're happy, go for it." Unconditional support is what a family should be about, and it seems like Jillian would be lucky to be part of that. They seem solid and supportive and drama-free. Some may say boring, but boring may just mean the show edited the laughter-filled parts out (like they did with Ryan's date to my dad's house on my season). Or it could mean they are the real deal and are purely grounded, happy people. Good either way, as that will be her reality if Reid is the final rose recipient. (Not sure I would bet on that, but as I've said before, I'm always wrong at guessing!)

Michael introduces Jillian to his mom, dad and identical twin brother in Valencia, Calif., after she releases her signature superhigh squeal when he opens the door. Gotta love the exuberance, although I feel sorry for the audio guy with the headphones on when she does that into her microphone. The date goes well, although I'm not sure how it couldn't with such a genuine, fun-loving family. His brother Steve helps her talk through the age concern she's feeling. He sets it straight that Michael wants to be a young husband, and she realizes that she'd rather be with someone who makes her laugh, than someone who was older just for age's sake. Good point. Good date.

Kiptyn welcomes Jillian to San Diego, and she lets out yet another signature superhigh squeal. Gorgeous scenery, gorgeous guy but not-so-gorgeous kiss. Ick! I realize Jillian may be into his reach-with-the-lips type of kissing, but I'd just rather not watch. Right away, Jillian is swept off to the backyard for a little humor and quite a bit of pressure. Humor comes from the yellow "caution" tape around the hot tub (love that she can laugh at herself!) And pressure came from their lasagna and fine wine test, which Jillian passes with flying colors. It seemed a bit unfair and condescending, if you ask me.

Then there was the time Jillian had with his mom. Ouch. Talk about tough! She did warm up, and they seemed to click over honesty and Kiptyn's happiness, but if I were in her shoes, I would've worried about future conflicts with her. Kiptyn's sister (of course, she's gorgeous), on the other hand, let it all out at dinner when she said, "Get this girl pregnant!" I love that sense of humor!

Jesse's family's winery is set in beautiful Carmel, Calif. The only thing missing from their hellos was Jillian's signature squeal. Not a good sign, although I'm sure the audio guy was thankful. There were the typical chats with mom and his brother, but the jam session was out of the ordinary. How much fun! Jesse is so on the top of my list. He is so articulate and calming, and I absolutely loved his brother.

The Bachlorette, Jake, Wes ABC/KEVIN FOLEY

Now, it's off to Austin to see the guy who "gets me the most," as Jillian says. Maybe Wes just did his homework and read all about her before he decided to blindside her for his career! Jillian squeals hello (yes, she did it for everyone but Jesse), and then he introduces her to his band. If only she could hear his personal interviews...ugh! I know the producers want it to be as authentic as possible, and I know it's hard to do when your dating life is being filmed and it started with 30 guys, and they don't want to interfere. But how do you not share with her that Wes' "ultimate goal" is for his new CD to do well and that not even a woman can give you the feeling you get when you are on stage? I just want to jump through the screen and strangle him. At the very least, I want to throw the guitar out of his hands and tell him that as a country music fan, I would never buy his music!

For the rest of Trista's blog, see here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Many thanks for your good publish. I'll take the notes you've written.

Unknown said...

chennai silks online I was just seeking this information for a while. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your website. I wonder what is the Google's problem that does not rank this type of informative web sites closer to the top. Normally the top sites are full of garbage.

Sherwani said...

A month ago I was exactly feeling how you are feeling now, in pain, crying, heart broken, and then I found this site saveabreakup.com and I followed their instructions, I had my girlfriend come back to me in no time so fast !! I was so so happy and I'm still very happy, don't give up! I suggest you view the free videos that tell you what to do on saveabreakup.com

Tuxedo for men said...

Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

Sherwani said...

This can be more helpful for people if this special church app can also be possible on all mobile platform and not for iPhone alone.

sarees said...

Very informative article. Pretty sure people would love to go to that place for shopping. Specially to those who are semi naughty or semi conservative people. I guess there are a lot of things their that can be bought.