Chris Harrison's Blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette': episode 9

Jul 14, 2009, 01:09 AM | by Chris Harrison, http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelorette-episode-9.html


Chris-Harrison-ext_l That's it, I'm now fully corrupted. I hope you're happy with yourselves. As many of you know, it was a big tech leap for me to start blogging last season. Then I took the next step and started tweeting (@chrisbharrison). Now, I have completed the circle…I'm on Facebook. I realize I'm about three years late to this party but hey, at least I arrived. There are a few fake pages but the real one has a bunch of pics and updates. It also has all the blogs from this season so you can go back and catch up, or just read them over and over again. I think my next step will be getting one of these new cordless devices I've been hearing so much about. Apparently you carry it around and you can make phone calls with it, and it's not attached to the wall. Okay, enough of my pathetic technological life. Let's talk business.

I apologize for not being there for you and Jillian last week in Spain. It's good to know that I was missed. Of all the people I really wanted to say “take a moment and say your goodbyes” to, I didn't get the chance. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to do it now. Wes, get your guitar, your hit song (in Chihuahua, Mexico), your Texas sayings (that really give all of us proud Texans a bad name), your girlfriend, and take a moment and say your goodbyes. Not sure about you but I feel better now. I promise I won't leave you hanging again and I'll make sure I get Jillian across the finish line. As I said last week, now that Wes is gone Jillian can get down to the business of finding the man she truly loves and wants to spend the rest of her life with. I met up with Jillian and the boys in Maui, where we spent this week. Kiptyn had the most uneventful date with Jill. I don't mean that in a bad way whatsoever, it's just that the other two dates had a little more content and drama. It always feels very easy between Kip and Jill. They had a blast at the ropes course and then came the fantasy suite card part II. Jillian gave in this time and took him back to the fantasy suite. Let me just say one thing about their relationship that bothers me a little bit. I don't like the fact that Jillian mentions at times that Kiptyn might be out of her league. That's an insecurity Jilli has and it's something she'll have to overcome before this relationship can take that next important step.

After Kiptyn's day, Jillian had her date with Reid. Or, as I like to call it, the great fishing trip. The entire date Jillian found herself fishing for info and confirmation of Reid's true feelings. As great as their relationship was, Jillian was always needing more from Reid and ultimately at this stage that's what Jillian used to make her final decision and send him home. For all the great things this process provides, unlimited time is not one of them. Jillian needed Reid to step up to the plate and he just couldn't do that. And when he left, I think that's something he regretted. My guess is he'll learn from this and never let it happen again. That to me is one of the great aspects of this show that is rarely discussed. I know many men and women who have left this show “unsuccessfully,” but with a much greater sense of who they are and what they want in life and love. Two good friends of mine, Bob Guiney and Andrew Firestone, are great examples of this. I consider both of them great success stories from this show, even though they didn't end up with somebody from their season. One last thing about Reid and Jillian's date: They too ended up in the fantasy suite and in a bubble bath. A huge rookie mistake often made in taking a bubble bath is adding too many bubbles. The perfect amount will give you the romantic bubbles (hiding what you don't want seen) but you can also see the other person on the other side of the tub. Come on! Do I have to teach these people everything? When I write my book someday I'll devote a chapter to proper bubble bath etiquette and technique. I'll talk a little more about Reid's goodbye down below. Up next was the comeback kid, Ed.

As Jillian put it best, Ed gets major points for simply listening to what his girl wants. Flying in his parents meant the world to Jillian. Ed has also been very open with his feelings toward Jillian, not leaving her to wonder or worry. The biggest problem with Ed that I can tell is his choice in wardrobe. I got a call from John McEnroe and Larry Bird and they want their short shorts back. Even though we were in Hawaii, don't get me started on the suit he wore to the rose ceremony. Go back and watch the guys' reactions when Ed walked up -- priceless. Jillian called it his ice cream salesman suit. Jillian decided to take Ed back to the fantasy suite and this is where the wheels came off of what was otherwise a perfect day. Jillian and Ed both put so much pressure on themselves and so wanted that moment to be perfect that it was a disaster. Now, with very little time left, Jillian has to find out if that romantic side of their relationship is there like it is with Kiptyn. With Kip there is no effort; it's just there like it should be. Now Jill has to find that with Ed.

Visit here to read the rest of the article.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris:

It's amazing that you and ABC have not made any comments on Wes' 1 1/2hr. interview with reality Steve defending himself and the manipulation of his comments by the producers on the show. He was VERY specific about each quote, and quite convincing. Were you after to have him on the MTA show because of fear that he would tell all about the real underpinnings of the show? I think you really need to address this in your nest blog.

Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed that Graham Bunn and Chrishell Stause will not be featured on the updates from past bachelors on monday night the men tell all. Graham was by far the most popular from that season and I was really disappointed to learn he will not be seen. I have been following Jillian this season but I am not as excited to see the men tell all now. ABC needs to bring Graham back on at least to let the viewers be updated on how he is doing. Especially when ABC continues to update the other bachelors from the previous season.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, first of all your are AWESOME. you do a great job hosting and you're totally a down to earth guy with your head on straight. I wanted Michael STag to be the next bachelor but he's dating someone now... so PLEASE PICK A BRAND NEW BACHELOR that has everything going for him!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris-

In my opinion, you have set the women's movement back 100 years...it is obvious to me that you believe that MEN RULE NO MATTER WHAT... In my opion you are the worst part of the old boys network and will be boys and any woman that is not a lady is to be punished...you are a hypocritical, condescending, self righteous, holier than thou, arrogant, sexist sell-out....you make me sick!