Trista is Bloggin Again

Trista Sutter Blogs About The Bachelorette: David's Crude & Kiptyn Can't Kiss

via: http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b128358_trista_sutter_blogs_about_bachelorette.html

Here goes attempt number two at writing down my thoughts about a little show called The Bachelorette.

After my debut post, I received lots of feedback and wanted to respond. First, glad so many of you enjoyed it! Second, if you didn't, you are completely entitled to your opinion. What E! asks me to write about is just a bit of banter from my perspective. You can take it or leave it. Last, I wish I could comment on what is happening behind the scenes, but since I wasn't able to leave my life to be a fly-on-the-wall, you'll have to accept that I'm just a viewer reporting on things the way I see them. Enjoy (or not)!

Initial observations…

The Bachelorette, Jillian Harris ABC/CRAIG SJODIN

Kiptyn: Can't Kiss

1. David is taped saying that he "really, really, really wants to get a one-on-one." I hope so too, so she can see the real you and send your bootie home.
2. Juan. Yes, in my last blog, I said I smelled someone hidden in the closet. As someone who lived in Miami for seven years and witnessed the suave charisma of men from the Latino world, I know it doesn't mean they are necessarily gay. And, like I said, it's not a bad thing. I just get the vibe that he is a tad feminine and if that's the case, it's probably not gonna work out for either him or Jillian.
3. Chris Harrison once again looks great. Love the shirt!

Let me start this next section with…I love Kiptyn! Loved him from the start and that surfing video…hello dimples and abs! I'm sorry to say, though, and not quite sure how to put this other than to just come out with it…on sight alone (as I obviously don't know this first hand), he doesn't look like the best kisser. Every time those lips come out I want to turn away from the screen. Such a bummer. They did have a perfect "date" as it was the closest thing to what you would do on a normal real-world date, at least in my normal real-world. Perfect didn't go farther than the concept though for me. When they met up, the kissing coordination was totally off.

Then after feeding the pigeons (ewwww!), she goes in for a kiss and misses, he goes in for the second attempt and misses again, and then he finally makes it work by grabbing her face. Talk about lack of kissing chemistry! Oy! Based on that, and that alone, I am disappointed to say that I don't think Kiptyn will be with us on finale night. Play their date in slow-mo if you don't believe me, but as someone who is a firm believer that a good kiss is one of the most important parts of a good relationship, I just can't see her ending up with someone who does that with his lips! Holy awkward Batman!

The Bachlorette, David ABC/KEVIN FOLEY

David: An Obnoxious Bully

Group date = curling. Yes, curling.

Let me break it down for you…

1. Michael: By the footage, he seems like the best personality, but the hug was soooo getting him the friend card. Hope I'm wrong, but Michael isn't on the rose list if my gut tells me right.
2. Jake: He's definitely a front-runner for me, from the beginning, but it doesn't look like the chemistry lasted past the extraordinary first date they had. He's getting the "you are too perfect" label, but it's just because he's got the perfect smile and dimples and personality and body and drive and so on and so on and so on. Okay. Yes. Jake is perfect. But I think Jillian's being too hard on him. The bottom line: He seems incredibly humble and genuine. How could that be wrong?
3. I wasn't in Jesse's corner really until tonight. Thought their moments went well on this date, although I do have to say that that hat is not my cup of tea…maybe in England or my almost 2-year-old son. The kiss looked like the kind of kiss that would make her keep him around. At least one guy's got it!
4. And then there's David. He did have one point I agree with…girls like a challenge. If only she could call him a challenge and not a rude, crude, disrespectful, obnoxious bully. He makes absolutely no sense and finally shows his true colors by cussing, admitting to seeing her ass as a piece of meat, and talking about her "t--s" falling out of her shirt. Niiiiiiice.

One of the highlights of this show (and dare I say it, one of the highlights of all of The Bachelorette shows combined!) was when she unforgiving turned David down for a kiss. Yay for Jillian!! That inflated ego needed to be brought back down to earth, and I think that just may have done the trick. Time for the two-on-one date with Mark and Mike. So not fun. So not natural. Thank the Lord I never had to do that! Mark's looking cute. Gotta love a Denver boy and he's a friend of a friend, so I'm a little biased. If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, no, I didn't get him on the show! They take a helicopter ride (shocker!) and all I want to know is why isn't Jillian in the middle? Fair to Mark…I think not. But, I guess she got a great view. When they get out, Mark gets a point for picking Jillian up with a hug. Don't know about the other girls out there, but this girl is a big fan of that move!

Dinner was definitely awkward…ugh! Mike made it even more so, though, with his blatant disregard for Mark's presence as he laid all his feelings on the line. Maybe that's his "strategy," but I just see a red flag of disrespect. He also lost my vote when he said "not to cut you off, but…" All I heard was "I'm cutting you off…deal with it!" It's such a pet peeve of mine. I totally understand why Mark is guarded, but you just can't let that be part of your M.O. Normally, you'd have weeks or months, or years, to get to know the ins and outs of a person's character and past experience to see if you are a match, but in the world of TV Land, you get about six weeks. I fell in love with my husband after three or four weeks and am living proof that it can happen quickly and be right, but you do have to be open and honest and vulnerable. I think, in the end, he was and that's why he got the rose. Such a hard decision to choose between the two, but ultimately, I think Mike just tried too hard. Not super attractive to a confident woman, unfortunately.

Bye-Bye David & Juan!

At the all-important rose ceremony, we start off with Jake, who says that it's inevitable that she fall in love with two guys. So not inevitable. I didn't. Sorry, Jake, but that is something I know for sure.

Conversation seems to be focused on Wes as the guys all think he's there to promote his singing career. Granted, they are spending 24/7 with him, but I hate when people jump to judgments. Just because he's a singer, he gets pinned as having ulterior motives? But who knows that for sure? I think it would be a shame if he didn't show that side of himself to the woman he's wooing. It's obviously a big part of his life. So, I'm gonna just give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he doesn't prove me wrong. Besides, he looks to be a frontrunner to Jillian and who could blame her. Kissing chemistry looks spot on, so much so, it makes me want to run in the other room and plant one on Ryan! Here's where the real drama starts: Tanner has his moment and reveals that one of the guys has admitted to having a girlfriend. Not such a great thing to be a snitch, but I think he was thinking it would help her in some way. I hate to break it to you Tanner, but the only part that would help would be if you told her who it was. All you did was put doubt in her heart and make her second guess her decisions. Good going. Bottom line: No one steps up to admit the honest truth and Jillian is left to wonder. Not a fun spot to be in when the decision could be a life-changer. At the end, it comes down to Tanner, David, and Juan. And, Tanner is given the rose, sending David and Juan packing.

Bachelorette Fans: Do we like Trista's blogging? Thoughts?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's kind of strange that Trista is blogging, wonder if she is getting paid by the show to do this.

Anonymous said...

I like Trista's blogging, she's been there, she knows the ins and outs of this show. I love hearing from someone who has been successful in this show. Keep it up Trista

Anonymous said...

I Love to hear Trista's thoughts! I also think Kiptyn and Jillian's kissing look's awkward! Great season so far!

Anonymous said...

What a hypocrite!! She hates when people rush to judge others, but is soooo comfortable tagging Juan as gay. Doesn't know any facts, but just spites out a comment like that -- niiiiice!!!

Anonymous said...

Trista is bored, she looks like a washed old has-been...Needs to cut that long dry straw mop, all she is missing is the broom...She also says she was with K. Paves the favorite hairdresser to many...Why did he not chop that long mop of straw off...Trista is 40 something not a 20 something...cut that mop and get yourself together woman...

Anonymous said...

I agree that the kissing was weird between Jillian and Kiptyn. It almost looks forced, but I am a fan of Kiptyn. I thought the exact same thing about the helicopter ride, wonder why Jillian wasn't in the middle. I'm really liking Jake, Reid and Kiptyn at this point.

BTW, Trista, you are beautiful and should ignore the comments above. I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Trista....is your husband Ryan secretly in the closet?....Are you secretly in the closet?